Saturday, June 15, 2013

Teen Fiction - Family Tree - Page 1 - Wattpad

I was always an only child, had both my parents Leah and Jeff all to myself- which was a blessing and a curse so-to-speak. My mom got married to her high school sweetheart (Jeff) when she was eighteen, and he was nineteen. It was by God's grace that they were still together.

This story-my story- isn't like all the others, there was no magic, or sorcery, or coincidences. No odd day, no strange?feelings of not belonging- nothing. I was a regular teen girl... and that's where it all started.

****************************************************************************************************************************

"A? You there?" my best friend Courtney asked into the phone before I could even say 'hello?'

"Yeah C, I'm here what's the big news?" I asked considering that she NEVER called me, only texted, and if she called it was big- or at least to her it was...

"Justin Bieber is here- in Georgia!" she squealed

"That was it?" I asked a little disappointed

"Well don't sound too excited."

"C, you know how I'm not in to those 'hot-teen-super-star-overpaid-self-consumed- crazies'" I said rolling my eyes

"I know, your into books..."

"Yep, hey well I gotta go I'm heading into the library, see you, when?"

"Tomorrow."

"Okay tomorrow. Bye."

"Bye." she said and I hung up and went into the library.

I loved how the library looked, it had cream walls and rows of neat orderly books- well except the kid sections...those were always a wreck. ?It had everything and a beautiful loft, surrounded by large windows that lead to a balcony.

I went over to the fantasy section, because I was just in that sorta mood... I fingered through the spines looking through everything from old to new.

I was pretty used to the posters advertising the latest books but one in particular caught my eye... It said:

"Navigate the uncharted waters of your past . Learn what made you... you. Today!"

I went over to it and the small pile of books on the table in front picking one up I read its light green cover, 'The past may lead to the future'

"Hmm." I said holding the hardcover book in my hands I went up to my favorite spot on the balcony. To get there I went up the large stair case and let my hand trail on the sleek wooded railing. It was a little past three, when I reached my spot, it was more or less a porch swing. However it overlooked a beautiful scenery away from the parking lot.?

I was so caught up in the book I didn't even keep track of the time. I checked out the book and rushed home.

"I'm so sorry I was late I-"? I started but stopped when I saw Leah bent over

"Mom?! Are you okay?!" I asked dropping my backpack.

"Yeah they just called." she said with tears in her eyes

"Who called?"?I asked?sitting next to her

"My mom, they said that my grandma wasn't doing well..."

"What do you mean 'wasn't doing well'?"

"They put her on hospice..."

"What?!" I asked my grandma, to my mom was like a second mother to her- maybe even?a first...

"Yeah, when your father gets home tell him that I'm going out to see my mom and I'll be back in a few days."

"But mom you can't just leave-by yourself" I said shocked that she even thought about doing such a thing

"I can and I will." and with that she left for her room to pack. Giving up I went to my room and pulled out a?old spiral notebook and started writing:

Dear Diary,

Mom's acting weird today, she's leaving me and Dad at home while she goes and visits her mom- well I guess I should say visits, her grandma isn't doing well and they put her on hospice.... I don't think mom's handling it well... on the Brightside I got this new book from the library, it's about how cool ancestry is... it comes with a dvd? that helps you make a family tree and even find lost relatives! Well I'm gonna go try it now, I'll give an update tomorrow for sure, or if anything changes tonight.

Ally

I closed my book and put it back in my drawer, then went to try the DVD. When I popped it it it made all sorts of music and fashing lights until it got to the home screen- where I clicked on 'Start Your Tree' A box popped up it said:

Enter Your First and Last Name

Ally Reed

Date of Birth

Source: http://www.wattpad.com/18799008-family-tree?utm_source=rss

zynga PNC Bank floyd mayweather Romina Puga Red Wedding The Fosters game of thrones

No comments:

Post a Comment